Thursday, October 11, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas


        
        I know, another Crock Pot/Slow Cooker recipe. I apologize for the monotony. It is just that once I take that big ol’ magic machine out, I am more likely to use it. You agree?
 
            So since I haven’t put it away since BBQ Beer Chicken, I decided to use it and hence, found this recipe. Verdict: it is a slam dunk worth a standing ovationJ

            I added 1 ½ cups chicken broth but the original recipe calls for 1 ¼ to 1 ½- They came out juicy-uicy, but the amount of broth was significant so you sort of have to let the drippings drip before you layer on your fajitas. BUT, if you were to serve over rice, the results were perfecto! I, honestly, wouldn’t change the broth amount either way, but as your kitchen side-kick, I just want to keep you best informed. Enjoy...
 
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas

Slightly adapted from: Stacy Makes Cents
Serves: 4
OBJ: TCW be able to make a great Tex-Mex dish without the hassle
 
Ingredients:
1 onion, sliced
2 peppers, green & red, sliced
1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ C chicken broth
½ tsp salt
2 TBS cumin
1 ½ TBS chili powder
Juice of 1 lime
Tortillas
Fajita toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole

Procedures:
1. Combined sliced onions and peppers in the bottom of greased Crock Pot
2. Lay chicken on top in single layer, and then add chicken broth
3. Sprinkle everything with salt, cumin and chili powder
4. Sprinkle lime juice over
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, (FYI- I cooked for 10- they were great)
6. Uncover Crock pot, shred chicken with 2 forks, mix gently into juices and peppers/onions
7. Bring to table and assemble with the tortillas and toppingsJ
 

1 comment:

  1. I love my crock pot too!!!!!Keep the recipes coming - they have all been deiish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete