Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cheddar Smashed Potatoes


            Guess what? No, Food Network didn’t hire me yet! No, I didn’t find another slow cooker recipe yet either! Okay, I’ll stop…..The news is that I’ve moved! YooHoo!!!! New house, new town, new kitchen, new goodies from my Shower that I haven’t used, new neighbors…..Ohmygoodness, I’m knee-deep in boxes and smiles to say the least!

                So this clearly explains why there wasn’t a post last week. I do apologize. No more tears my friends; I somehow managed to whip something up for today. This is my first blog post from my new kitchen! So since I wasn’t about to dabble into Crème Brulee or Lobster Thermidor this week, I went with something hearty, easy, and a good for a cool evening. The results were awesome, although this recipe makes a ridiculous amount of spuds for 2 people! No sweat though, I plan on frying up the remains this weekend for some crispy croquettes to munch on! Now if I could only find that box with my Fry-Daddy?!? Enjoy….

Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
Servings: 6-8

OBJ: TLW demonstrate an ability to use her new electric hand mixer

Ingredients:
8 red potatoes- quartered or halved
½ C Whole milk + ¼ C fat free half and half
3 TBS unsalted butter
¼  tsp dried parsley
1/2 -3/4 C shredded cheddar

Procedures:
1. Place potatoes in large pot of water, bring to boil, let cook 20 minutes or until fork tender
2. Meanwhile, heat butter and milk & ½ and ½ , set aside warmed
3. Once potatoes are cooked, strain, place back in pot, add ½ butter/milk mixture, cheddar,  parsley, s and p and use mixer to blend – adding more butter/milk mixture as needed- blend to a chunky consistency of your liking
4. Top with additional cheddar, cover pot to let melt, bring to table and enjoy!

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Leftover mashed potato make a great potato pancake. Very easy to make and fry up for breakfast with egg and bacon or as a side with lamb chops and home made red cabbage. A favorite of my childhood that my Mother(who was a great cook and did not waste anything) made. Give it a try - really delish.

    ReplyDelete