Thursday, October 3, 2013

Culinary Classic- What a Night!


Culinary Classic- What a Night! 

            Well before I go on and on about our night, I must first say welcome back, my hungry friends! As you know, I recently took an itsy bitsy break and am now back and ready to write. Although I took a break from blogging, from my tweets and FB Page, I’m sure you are well aware I’ve been out and about and barely resting! It has been quite a blast and so for the next few weeks, I’ll be detailing my adventures.

            So let's start with the event that I’ve been telling you about for weeks…..The Monmouth & Ocean County FoodBank Culinary Classic 2013. The event was an astounding success and I’m sure the peeps at The FoodBank are still smiling and oh-so grateful for all of those who sponsored, donated, cooked, and attended.

            I was so thrilled to be a part of this event and had a delicious evening indeed. Hubby and I are still talking about how truly grand it was! Here are just a few highlights……warning: drooling may occur as well as instantaneous stomach grumbling….

From Joe Leon’s Italian Specialties & Catering- Roman Flat Bread with Figs and Goat Cheese….



From Danny’s Grill & Wine Bar- Beefushi: sushi roll of rice mango, avocado & crab, layered on the outside with thin sheets of filet mignon….

From Chef Mike’s ABG- 24 hour Braised Short Rib Mac & Cheese…

From Good Karma Café- Bahn Mi Vietnamese Sandwich…
 
From Porta – Homemade Mozzarella…

From Molly Pitcher Inn- Slow Roasted Pork with autumn squash, toasted pumpkin seeds & smoked-bourbon maple glaze…

From Pearl @ The Oyster Point Hotel- Scallop & Truffle En Croute…
 
From McLoone’s Restaurants- Crab Cakes…

From Shipwreck Grill & Point – Seared Shrimp…

From David Burke Fromagerie- Gourmet Lollipops…

 
 

                       So with that, I’m sure you’ve seen enough and are kicking yourself that you didn’t go so glad you ate some of those delicacies yourself. I am honestly still dreaming about a number of those dishes but beyond that, I feel darn good about supporting a great cause and being a part of this year’s Classic. Cheers to that!

 



 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your support Gina! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Culinary Classic. We at the FoodBank are so grateful to the talented chefs who donated their time, talent and food to support our mission to alleviate hunger in our communities. In addition, the generous contributions from the wine and spirits purveyors, our sponsors and all who supported the event helped raise funds that deliver food and hope to the our neighbors who face hunger.
    We are looking forward to seeing you at next year's Culinary Classic!
    Marion Lynch
    The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks delicious? Now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you stay so slim!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete