Thursday, August 23, 2012

Slow Cooker London Broil


             Man I need to use my slow cooker more! I don’t know why I am so stuck on not using it since every time I drag it out of the coat closet, (yes, small spaces require odd storage arrangements!) I am so deliciously pleased. The  short rib recipe I made a while ago is still one of my favs and a few weeks back I made an awesome rendition of  steak ropa vieja and now with this London Broil recipe, I think it’s time to keep the SC in a more accessible location! HHHmmmmm, no way is it taking the spot of my beloved Kitchen Aid, but perhaps that toaster could move elsewhere. J

                So with that being said, I think it is clear to see why I am bringing this recipe to you today. I thought the meat was beyond great! It became somewhat of like a brisket and fell apart in shreds when pulled apart. The gravy was everything I was hoping for, however Matt wasn’t too keen. Disclaimer: he is not a gravy-kinda-guy. In fact, he cringes over anything with a thick and creamy consistency: ketchup, mayo, aioli, etc. I’ve tried to convert him but he has remained anti-condiment man!  Anyway though, if you like gravy, you’ll love this. I would have preferred to serve this over egg noodles or fettuccine but I only had potatoes in the house. Nothing too bad about some spuds with gravy, right?!?

                And besides it being oh-so comfort like in taste, it came together in, no joke, 5-10 minutes! I have an issue with SC recipes that have you cook first and then place in the device. To me, that defeats the purpose of the slow cooker being a time-saver’s best friend.  So this recipe is exactly what I am looking for when it comes to utilizing Mr. Slow Cooker. So if you’re like me, I know you’ll keep this one handyJ Enjoy…  


Slow Cooker London Broil
Serves: 3-4
Adapted from: Allrecipes

OBJ: TCW be able to buy a cut of meat normally meant for the grill and succeed in making it indoors

Ingredients:
1 ½ lb London Broil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (10.5) can cream of mushroom condensed soup
½ C water
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped

Procedures:
1. Place the London Broil in the slow cooker
2. Add the garlic, soup, water, parsley, oregano, salt and smooth ingredients over top of meat
3. Sprinkle the basil pieces on top
4. Cook on low for 6- 7 hours
5. Serve over egg noodles, fettuccine or roasted potatoes J


3 comments:

  1. going to try it tomorrow!!! looks yummy and sooo easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give me a resepie for crock pot slow cook London broile beef srew

    ReplyDelete