Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chocolaty White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies


             So clearly this week has been quite hectic as I’m writing this post the day I am planning on publishing it! I don’t know about other bloggers but to me this is cutting it a tad close! And to be honest, I had no idea what I was going to bring you faithful followers two days ago! Luckily, I had two things I wanted to accomplish this week that would help me get some blog-inspiration: One of my besties got engaged and I wanted to try a new product….

                1- Kristen, one of my BFFs, got engaged this past weekend and I couldn’t be happier for her and John. So what do people like me do for celebrations?? Bake, of course! 2-I recently spotted a new item in the baking aisle that I wanted to give a whirl. I love to bake things from scratch and all but sometimes time is just not working on my side! Enter, cookie mixes and random candies left in the fridge to use up!

                So I combined those two happenings and wound up with some dynamite cookies! Buttery, chocolaty and a bit crunchy is how I would describe them but really all you need to know is that they are delicious, quick, and pretty inexpensive. J Needless to say, the ready-to-wed couple happily received them and one more positive: I even was able to save a few for me and Hubby to snack on! Rock on! (No pun intended, hehe)


Chocolaty White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes: 28 cookies

OBJ: TCW be able to make cookies with little time to spare

Ingredients:
1 package (14 oz) White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Mix (Betty Crocker ®)
1/3 C unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
½ C (heaping) plain M & M’s chopped
¼ C chopped milk chocolate pieces
 
 

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Stir cookie mix, butter and egg together until soft dough forms
3. Add M & M’s and chocolate pieces, stir to combine
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet
5. Bake for 13 minutes, rotating cookie sheets ½ way through baking, until light golden brown
6. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove to rack to cool completely

 
Surprise!!! She had no idea we were waiting for her :)
 
The happy couple:)

3 comments:

  1. I know one hungry Papa who would devour those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sure look like a happy couple !!!! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen really has the sweetest friends! xx

    ReplyDelete