Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spicy Cheddar Corn Muffins


                              I love warm bread and butter. To me, it’s just one of life’s little treasures that can make me smile instantaneously.  The type of bread rarely, if ever, deters me from smothering it with some unsalted butter. Or if you haven’t tried my OMG Butter recipe, you should, and should very soon because it will change your relationship with plain butter. Anyway, this recipe below provides you with yet another vehicle to smother, let melt and indulge. I was honestly surprised at how amazing this recipe turned out being that it all started with a box of corn muffin mix. It came together pretty quickly as I was preparing a roast chicken dinner and wanted a little something more interesting than plain corn muffins. I knew canned corn existed somewhere in my cabinet and Matt had been asking me to use his cherry peppers in something I was to make that week, so voila, with an addition of some sharp cheddar , these dinner muffins became quite the star. Not that my chicken wasn’t good, it was just that these came out so moist and flavorful. The cheese oozed just enough while the corn kernels added distinctive texture both of which countered the heat from the peppers. It was a great “plate neighbor” to a Sunday Feast. Servings: 10-12

Spicy  Cheddar Corn Muffins

OBJ: TCW be able to spice up boxed corn muffin mix

Ingredients:
I 8.5 oz box of “Jiffy” corn muffin mix
1 15.25 oz can of corn, drained
½ C shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 cherry peppers, cleaned and diced

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix corn muffin mix according to box directions
3. Add corn, cheese, and peppers, stir well to incorporate
4. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or paper liners
5. Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin cup ¾ full
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
7. Serve warm with butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment