Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cinnamon and Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes


                     Have you ever eat something throughout your whole life pretty much the same exact way? Bread always toasted, steak always grilled, apples always sliced? Now honestly, this can be good and bad. For example, in a good way, French fries should always be fried and hot dogs be grilled, but in a bad way, corn shouldn’t always be boiled and sweet potatoes shouldn’t always be baked. Yeah yeah yeah, I know there are some rock star baked fries out there and some people, I would say pedestrians actually, who swear by their deep water dogs, but I’m just stating my opinion. Anyway, I’m sick of boiled corn and baked sweet potatoes! Sorry Mom, but there are options out there and I’m ready to experiment. Along with the Herbed Roasted Chicken I made the other night, I knew I wanted to serve the sweet potatoes I bought last week. But I stared them down and they just looked so gosh darn boring! HHhmmm, I could bake them or make sweet potato fries….meh….The thought made me consider an entire different starch for this evening, but I prevailed and found this great recipe on Epicurious. Bonus- I had everything minus the mango chutney, which didn’t thrill me anyway. The turnout was definitely a keeper recipe; I plan to toss pecans into the mix next time though. I think they would take this to a whole new level. Besides tasting great, this dish made my home smell wonderful too!


Cinnamon- and Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 4-6
Source:  Epicurious

OBJ: TCW be able to serve her sweet potatoes in a new way

Ingredients:
5 small-average sized sweet potatoes cut into 1/3 inch rounds
2 TBS (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 TBS honey
1 TBS fresh lime juice (about that from ½ lime)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
S & P: salt and pepper

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray
3. Whisk butter, honey, lime juice, and cinnamon in a large bowl
4. Add potato rounds, toss well to coat
5. Arrange rounds in a single layer on prepared baking sheet
6. Sprinkle with a pinch S & P
7. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and browned on bottoms








No comments:

Post a Comment