Saturday, September 3, 2011

Panko Parmesan String Beans


                   When I was reorganizing my blog recently, I noticed the lack of side dish recipes I have. Now let me explain- 1- It’s not that I don’t serve things along side my main dishes and 2- It’s not that I have anything against them. The truth is I usually throw stuff together so quickly that I don’t remember the exact steps and therefore couldn’t detail it in the blog. I actually love side dishes; it makes me really happy when I can go from a delicious main course selection to something just as good by simply moving my fork 3 inches over! I like to go back and forth and normally say something like, “Man, I don’t know what I like better….” I guess this even goes for bread alongside pasta for me because that, too, makes me quite content. Needless to say, I find a lot of satisfaction in side dishes. Here is a recipe that can be easily used on most veggies. And if you have green-free eaters in your house, as I do at times, this might work to get to the “other side”!


Panko & Parmesan Crusted String Beans
Serves: 2-4
OBJ: TCW be able to cook string beans so that her husband will like them

Ingredients:
4 Cups string beans, trimmed (basically 4 hefty handfuls from the market!)
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
¼ C Parmesan cheese
¼ C Panko breadcrumbs
S & P: salt and pepper

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl toss string beans with oil, S & P
3. On a rimmed baking sheet, place string beans in a single layer
4. Generously sprinkle Panko and Parmesan all over beans
5. Roast for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned

1 comment: