Friday, September 26, 2014

Oreo Pound Cake


            You know what might be even better than having this cake to serve?

            Having ¾ of a package of Oreos left to snack on all month long!! Seriously, I think I was more excited to have leftover Oreos in my fridge than I was to bring this cake to a recent family BBQ. Haha, I guess I like to keep it more simple than most!

            Nevertheless, this cake is great. Definitely a “cheater recipe” in that it has 2 ingredients, but whose judging? C’mon, who doesn’t love a quick and tasty treat that will both wow your guests and leave you with a little treat at home? There I go again, with my beloved package of Oreos. Moving on…..yes, this recipe……I bet it would be super good with all the umpteen new flavors of Oreos out there too. I recently saw peanut butter Oreos and my goodness, those would be divine in this recipe. I hear there is even a Limited Edition Cookie Dough flavor……wowza, that is almost too much to handle. And of course, the source I got this recipe from, Miss Stephanie stands by her Birthday Cake Oreos. Again, another addition to this recipe that would be nothing short of exceptional.

            So go ahead, get some Oreos…..original or something more adventurous…..either way you’ll be left with one delicious cake and duh- a treat left for you! Enjoy….

 
Oreo Pound Cake
Servings: 8-10
Slightly adapted from: Stephanie Cooks, originally adapted from: Kraft

OBJ: TCW be able to bring a homemade dessert without spending hours in the kitchen whipping one up

Ingredients:
15 Oreos
1, 16 oz package Pound Cake Mix

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Butter a loaf pan or cover one with foil then spray with nonstick spray
3. Prepare the pound cake mix according to package directions
5. Chop up 10 Oreos and mix into batter
6. Pour batter into prepared pan
7. Cut the remaining Oreos into quarters and scatter atop of batter, push down to help set them
8.  Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, during last half hour loosely place piece of foil on top to prevent burning
9. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely

1 comment: