Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fish Tacos



            I suppose if California had a taste, it could be of these. To me, fish tacos scream California. I picture little food stands grilling fresh fish, throwing the fillets in a warmed tortilla and finishing them off with a squeeze of lime. Oh how blissful does that sound?!?

            A little secret: I’ve never been to California! Haha, I guess it is either too much Food Network, Travel Channel or hearing about my brother’s and sister-in-law’s trip out west that has me stereotyping both California and fish tacos!

            So I don’t know where this fascination with fish tacos and California came from, but I do know this: they taste divine! Fresh from the sea (um.. fish marketJ), flakey enough to melt in your mouth and light enough to eat 3 or 4 in one sitting! Now with some salsa, sour cream and more fresh lime, you got yourself a mini paradise…..Enjoy…
 
 
Fish Tacos
Slightly adapted from: Food Network, Bobby Flay
Serves: 2

OBJ: TCW be able bring a taste of California into her home

Ingredients:
Tacos:
1 ½ lbs  white flaky fish- I used Cod
¼  cup canola oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
8 flour tortillas, wrapped in foil

Garnish:
Cole slaw mix
 Sour cream
Thinly sliced red onion
Chopped cilantro leaves
Salsa
Extra lime, sliced for squeezing

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
 2. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, jalapeno, pour over the fish in a large ziplock bag
3. Let marinate in fridge for 15 to 20 minutes
4. Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a baking sheet
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until completely cooked. Let rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork to break apart
6. Place foil wrapped tortillas in oven for last 5 minutes of fish baking
 7. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with any or all of the garnishes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment