I know Halloween is behind us and you might be kind of sick of pumpkin flavored everything, but this is a recipe you MUST make! Even if you are nauseous at the thought of yet another pumpkin-themed item, just do your friends or guests a favor and serve this to them.
I actually had been brainstorming ways to recreate a spread/dip like this ever since a colleague of mine brought in Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cream Cheese spread. She served it with Stacy’s brand Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips and it was a hit! Well, my culinary wheels started turning and before I had whipped up my own version, I came across this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Lauren's Latest. I looked it over and was so pleased by the easiness and simplicity of her recipe. Not to mention, it required almost no time to make. So I followed her steps and bingo, it was fantastic! One quick note though, you definitely have to refrigerate before serving. The recipe does mention this; however I just want to really stress that fact because I dug in right away after whipping and quickly realized it needed to be chilled. Something about room temp. cream cheese just eeks me, lol. I’m assuming most people agree….
Anyway, I love this recipe and I cannot wait to make it again. I hope you can say the same too! Enjoy…..
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread
Source: Lauren's Latest
OBJ: TCW be able to satisfy her pumpkin craving by trying out this recipe
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ C plain pumpkin puree
¼ C sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. In a stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer, whip pumpkin and cream cheese until combined, creamy and uniform in color
2. Scrap edges, mix on low and gradually add in sugar
3. Once sugar is all incorporated, stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
4. Scrape bowl and whip again to make sure all is combined and smooth
5. Spoon into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use
6. Serve with cinnamon sugar pita chips (I used Stacy’s brand) when readyJ