Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Wontons

 

       Okay, since this is my first “real” post in 2013, I must wish you all a Happy New Year!
 I hope you are well. I don’t know about you, but I have a few resolutions, one of which is to start cooking what I’ve been “Pinning”. For those of you non-Pinners: I’m referring to Pinterest- the online bulletin board site where you find things online then “pin” them to specific boards. Check it out, it’s amazing:)
 
 
                Anyway, so yes I pin and pin and pin and then I hardly cook any of it! I can’t keep up with my pinning; it is like trying to keep up with my frizzies on a humid day! Luckily, I can’t say I’ve been a complete fail here, I have made a few of my Pins. The Sesame Crusted Cod, Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken, and 3 Ingredient Nutella Doughnuts are all on my checked off list. BTW, they were all great and I have happy memories thinking about each one!

                And so here is another checked off Pinterest item…..and like the others, it brought smiles and full bellies. The recipe itself is so simple; it is a cinch to do. The tedious part is the stuffing and folding. I had a helper though and he was just perfect at keeping me company and folding over! The frying took mere minutes and before we knew it we were popping these Poppers like it was our job! And since I consider blogging my second job, I proudly popped! Enjoy…
 
 
Jalapeno Popper Wontons
Makes 24
Source: Cassie Craves

OBJ: TCW be able to take 3 of her Hubby’s favorite things and cook them in his favorite method of cookingJ

Ingredients:
½  package refrigerated square wonton wrappers (24)
4 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 ½  jalapenos, finely chopped (seeds and ribs removed if you prefer more mild)
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese or finely chopped from a block
S and P, salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Coarse salt

Procedures:
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar cheese and a healthy pinch of S & P
2. Arrange wontons in a single layer
3. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of the filling to the center of each wonton
4.  Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and run your wet fingers around all edges of each wonton. Fold the wontons over the filling, pinching the edges to seal to make a triangle and removing any air bubbles (if you have air, its fine – they just fry up really poufy!)
5. Fry wontons in batches in hot oil until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with coarse salt
6. Serve warm

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I know someones Papa that would looooove them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aHT, My mouth is watering!!!! what a great pictures too (way better than the blog that inspired you). I feel like I can reach right into my monitor and pick one up! The vivid color, texture, and camera angles you use are all very impressive.

    ReplyDelete