Thursday, January 24, 2013

Banana Oat & Raspberry Muffins


            
             Overripe bananas, you know them well. One day, all you see are some specks. The next thing you know, you have bananas on the verge of disaster & fruit flies. Eeeeeewww, not so pretty.
                I don’t know about you, but I hate when I have bananas ripening at too fast a pace. I feel inclined to add them to everything, push them on everyone, and bake them in something.
                So after having banana-infused yogurt everyday this week and Hubby telling me he now has a banana “reserve” in his desk, I had to find some sort of creation to use for the last of my bunch.
                Have no fear, banana bread recipes probably outnumber umbrellas in Seattle. Seriously, there are so freakin’ many, how do you decipher? Well for me, I take inventory of what I have on hand and go from there. And as you can see, my pantry had oats and jam. I was hoping to find some walnuts but no luck there. Oh well, the most important thing is the bananas are gone and my potassium levels are through the roof! Enjoy…

               
Banana Oat & Raspberry Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
Adapted from: Pillsbury
 
OBJ: TCW be able to use up her over-ripened bananas

Ingredients:

Muffins -
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 C sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 C (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
1/2 C heavy cream
3 TBS oil
1 egg
¼ C raspberry jam

Topping -
1 TBS sugar
1/8  tsp cinnamon
1 TBS old fashioned oats

Procedures:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners
2. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, ½ tsp cinnamon and nutmeg- mix well
3.  In small bowl, combine bananas, cream, oil and egg-whisk well
4. Add wet mixture to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
6. Drop 1 teaspoon of jam over each muffin, swirl with knife
7.  In another small bowl, combine topping ingredients-mix well. Sprinkle evenly over batter in cups
8.  Bake at 400°F for 18- 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan. Serve warm
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Look delish!!!!!Now if I only had one with my coffee!!

    ReplyDelete