Thursday, January 3, 2013

Easy Meals

 
Easy Meals

                Okay, this may be the lamest post yet. I’m sorry for my lack of recipe or review for today. With the Holidays and such I somehow fell behind on my blogging duties and, sniffle sniffle, have nothing new to share this week.

                But even though things are going a gazillion miles an hour here, I still have to eat! And by that I mean, Hubby and I have to find some sort of nourishment to keep us on the move. Alas, here are some ideas that we have survived on and I think are worthy of a mention:

1. Canned Chicken Noodle Soup with anything of the vegetable sort thrown in prior to microwaving. My fav additions are broccoli, zucchini, and mushrooms. You just toss them in, give the soup a swirl with some extra water, nuke for 4 minutes, top with grated cheese and S & P! Serve with crackers

2. Salad greens tossed with any kind of pasta leftovers. Something about cold pasta and salad just makes me smile. Maybe it is just that I love pasta, or that I love pasta salad, or that I sometimes have nothing else to add to the lettuce. Anyway, I just make a big bowl of salad, toss with some grape tomatoes, carrots and about ½ C of cold pasta and if I’m lucky some cubed cheese too. Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkle with S & P.

3. Freezer Frenzy- Matt’s favorite! Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Search through your freezer for whatever you have lurking and hope for the best! Our favs: French fries, soft pretzels, chicken strips, and chicken taquitos. Serve with some honey mustard, ketchup, or if you are feeling cheesy- sprinkle shredded cheddar right after the sheet comes out of oven.

4.  BLTs- need I say more? Well because it is my blog, I will…. Matt hates mayo and I love it, so my BLT has extra mayo and his gets more bacon. I like tomatoes thick cut, he prefers thin so I cut them both ways and we assemble ourselves. As for lettuce, no surprise here- I add extra and love when I have some baby spinach available and he prefers a BLT, no L! I serve this with any types of chips we have in the cabinet and want to use up. Extra tip- If you have regular potato chips- sprinkle with S & P and they are 100 times betterJ

5. Cheese and crackers and maybe some Italian meats we have yet to devour. Pair this with some hummus and pita and you are all set for a light dinner. Translation= big dessert! A bowl of ice cream does count for getting your calcium in, right?

6. I am out of ideas so if these don’t help you, order out!

2 comments:

  1. Put that all together and we could have a party!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BR LOVES meals like this. His favorite is couch picnic night. we rent a movie and have a spread of dried meat, cheese, gala apples and a loaf of crusty bread. Wine for bonus!
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete