Did you make that slow cooker BBQ chicken recipe yet? I sure hope you did or are planning to because for 1, it’s dynamite and 2, this post sorta depends on it! If you did make it, then you know how much chicken it makes. Honestly, even if I had 5 children, I don’t think it all would have went! And if you are hoping to make it sometime soon- get your Tupperware ready my friends!
So here is a recipe that will help you with your boatload of chicken. I must say this recipe has changed me… To make a long story short, I have never been a chicken-on-my-pizza kinda gal. I like chicken on sandwiches, with mashed potatoes, hot off the grill….ya know, normal platforms for el pollo. Note that pizza crust was not included….on purpose…..until now…. OH-MY-FRIZZY-HAIR , BBQ chicken on pizza is ridiculous. Boy, have I been missing out! This recipe had me full of shame for not even giving it a chance. Now I wouldn’t go too far and say I’m ready to welcome in other chicken pizza varieties, I think for now I’m beyond content with this creation. I can only hope you are too… Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Servings: 8 slices
OBJ: TCW be able to get over her anti-chicken on pizza attitude
1 ball of frozen pizza dough- thawed and risen ( I use House of Pizza brand- it’s my fav)
1 ½ C shredded BBQ chicken from this recipe or cooked shredded chicken tossed in BBQ sauce
1/2 tomato, thinly sliced and set on paper towels to dry-out
¼ of an onion, thinly sliced
1 C shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
¼ C freshly grated Gouda cheese
2 TBS Parmesan cheese
S & P: salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and set pizza stone on bottom rack to preheat too!
2. Punch dough down and either use a rolling pin to roll out on a floured surface or use your hands to toss and stretch dough so that it forms a somewhat-of-a-rectangle shape (around 10 in. by 12 in.)
3. Remove pizza stone from oven and place on top of stove to assemble pizza:
4. Spread ½ of both Cheddar and Gouda on bottom of dough, spread chicken on top of cheeses (leave about ½ in. of crust), place tomato slices and onions on top of chicken, top with remaining Cheddar and Gouda, sprinkle with S & P and Parmesan
5. Place back in oven and let cook for about 10-14 minutes or until crust is golden and cheeses are bubbling
6. Remove pizza stone from oven and place on cutting board, slice pizza and serve!