Thursday, April 5, 2012

Roasted Asparagus with Provolone & Prosciutto


               Not much to write about this dish except that it I think it will make your veggie-hater reconsider their stance! Which isn’t too surprising since it involves provolone and prosciutto, two things that I’d say most people enjoy.
                I made this dish as an afterthought after I had just made the previously posted prosciutto-wrapped shrimp recipe. Why waste prosciutto when I had perfectly ready asparagus to serve it with?!?  I say waste not because I was going to throw it away (I really hope you didn’t think that!), but because I tend to toss items in my refrigerator and forget about them almost immediately. Terrible I know, but trust me I’m working on it!
                So that is about it, a great recipe that would go alongside great with almost any main course. Roast chicken, filet mignon, and halibut are just a few that pop into my mind but hey, your dinner is your dinner, I’m just here for ideas and inspiration! Enjoy……


Roasted Asparagus with Provolone & Prosciutto

Serves: 3-4

OBJ: TCW be able to use turn an ordinary vegetable into a satisfying side

Ingredients:

1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned and stems removed
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
3 slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
¼ C grated provolone (extra sharp preferably)

Procedures:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place asparagus on baking sheet, toss with oil and S &P (go light on salt though as prosciutto is quite salty)
3. Place on middle shelf oven and roast for 15 minutes
4. Remove from oven, top asparagus with prosciutto, and then sprinkle provolone on top
5. Place back in oven and roast for an additional 5 minutes
6. Broil on high for an additional 1-2 minutes to get prosciutto to really crisp up
7. Serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment