Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chocolate "Nests"


               I’m not sure if dessert gets anymore easy than this! Unless of course, you go to the store and buy something, but that isn’t as fun or good as these little treats. They take all of 2 minutes to shop for , maybe 20 minutes to make and then you just have to let them sit and set!             
              And for someone who enjoys baking and creating sweet masterpieces, this even has me sold. Matt, well he is still undecided, as he goes back and forth between, “MMMmmmm, delish,” and, “HHhmmm, let me take another bite, yeah I think they are good.” I do understand what he is saying, however I think that’s because he is obsessed with chocolate-covered pretzels and these, to me, are somewhat of an imposter! He’s thinking he is going to get that sweet/salty bite from this treat, but in truth they are a touch salty, mostly sweet and tremendously crunchy. I happen to find them great, he is still working on a decision, so I’ll let you decide….. Enjoy….


Chocolate “Nests”
Serves: 6-8
Source: Family friend, Megan

OBJ: TCW be able to make one of the easiest dessert recipes ever!

Ingredients:
1(6 ounce) bag of Chinese chow mien noodles, will only need ¾ of bag
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Parchment paper 

Procedures:
1. Melt chocolate over a double boiler until completely melted and smooth (You can place a large glass bowl on top of boiling water, as this will melt the chocolate just as good as D-Boiler)
2. Remove melted chocolate from heat and stir ¾ of noodles in it, toss/stir until each noodle completely coated
3. Using a tong, remove clusters or “nests” from bowl and place on parchment paper to dry
4. Place on platter and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment