Thursday, November 21, 2013

Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts



            I’ve set a record people! This might be my quickest time from going from pinning to blogging. Lauren, over at Lauren’s Latest, posted this recipe on Monday and I had it pinned, cooked, and blogged by Wednesday. That’s a quicker turn-around time than my laundry. J

            Needless to say, this had our names all over it. Hubby is obsessed with Brussels lately and I’m a sucker for anything roasted, glazed and green. In the past, I’ve tried a few glazes with balsamic, sugar, butter, oil, but this one is so far my favorite. Funny, it is the simplest- just balsamic, sugar and some patience.

            I usually don’t post so soon after eating things, but couldn’t resist as this would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving spread next week. It’s easy, quick, and most definitely a show-stopper. And those my friends, are 3 wonderful things to be thankful for. Enjoy…
 
 

Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Source: Lauren’s Latest (I cut the recipe down)
Serves: 2

OBJ: TCW will be able to finally make that oh-so delicious sweet and savory sauce that glistens up any food it coats

Ingredients:
1 lb (about2 Cups) Brussels Sprouts- bottoms cut off and chopped in ½
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 TBS Balsamic vinegar
1 ½ TBS sugar

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place sprouts on large baking sheet or jelly roll pan and toss well with oil and salt
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until browned
4. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat balsamic vinegar and sugar over medium-low flame. Stir frequently and cook until thickened- about 5-10 minutes
5. Transfer sprouts to skillet and toss to coat
6. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment