Alright Spring, where the bleep are you?!? This 45 degrees and below stuff has got to stop, like right now. Seriously, I need some warm and sunshine.
Well if I can’t bring the warmth from the outside in, I can for sure try to make some warmth to share! Warmth in the form of itsy bitsy bundles of joy, um, I mean banana bread.
These little gems were what I had cranking out of my kitchen while the snow continued to pelt down on us here in Jersey this week. It was just a mess, you know the gross wet/ice/sleet/snow that makes you want to crawl under the covers? Yes, that kind of nastiness.
And so I did what makes me feel oh so happy…..wrap that apron around meself and get bakin’! Two hours, 5 baking sheets, and 1 huge floury mess later, I had my cure for this dreary day. With a cup of apple cinnamon tea, a dunk with some of these and a warm throw blanket, I sorta forgot it was almost April…….EnjoyJ
Banana Nut Bites
Makes: about 50
Slightly adapted from: best-ever-cookie-collection
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 Cmashed banana (3 medium)
1 C salted mixed chopped nuts
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners, parchment paper, or lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well blended and set aside
3. In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended
4. Beat in the egg and mashed bananas, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary to make sure everything is well blended
5. Stir in the flour mixture with the mixer on low speed or with a wooden spoon just until combined.
6. Stir in the nuts
7. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart
8. Bake until no indentation remains when touched, about 8 to 10 minutes
9. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack with a spatula and allow to cool completely before storing