Rigatoni with roasted garlic, sausage, and broccoli rabe
OBJ: TCW (the cook will) be able to use up the broccoli rabe in her fridge by adding it to a wine- infused garlic broth
¾ lb of rigatoni (or other pasta you have)
6 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 head of garlic
I can of diced tomatoes
¼ dry white wine ( I use pinot grigio, but use what you drink)
2 links of sausage, casings removed
1 head of broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
¼C grated cheese
S & P (salt and pepper)
1. Roast the garlic: preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. Cut off the top of your garlic, leave the skin on, and drizzle with 2 TBS of olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with S & P.
4. Wrap in aluminum foil
5. Place in oven for 45 minutes
6. Start boiling water for pasta in a large pot…..
7. Get out a large sauté dish, place sausage and 2 TBS of olive oil and cook sausage until you have broken it up into little pea-sized browned pieces, remove to a paper-towel lined plate and leave pan alone, what is left is irreplaceable!
8. In that large sauté dish, squeeze out garlic and add remaining olive oil. Heat on medium to low for about 10 minutes, stir frequently
9. Add wine and ½ the can of tomatoes, turn up heat and let boil for about 5 minutes (add your pasta to water right about now), turn heat down
10. When there is 5 minutes left on your pasta, add BR (broccoli rabe) to boiling water.
11. While the BR and pasta is cooking, add your sausage back to sauté pan and let flavors meld, add S & P, place lid on pan
12. When pasta and BR is done, drain (save some water in a mug) and add to the sauté dish. Sprinkle with S & P, grated cheese and mix together. If you need more liquid, slowly add pasta water.
13. Bring to table in pan, serve it up to your lovies and enjoy!