Yum, these cookies! Little gems with just the right amount of sweetness and small enough to grab a few and have no shame. Add to that a cup of tea and you’ll have yourself one midday escape. Oh and plus they have sprinkles…..this undoubtedly makes everything better. Duh
Only problem is….July- when a cup of tea and cranking your oven sound like we’re off our rocker!
So maybe just wait to make these for a rainy cool day……or send the recipe to someone, like me, who bakes in the summer……or suck it up and put on a tank top and get crackin!
Or if you must, pin the recipe and save for Christmas time. Being that the recipe makes about a million cookies, you’ll definitely want to make these come December. It will be you: 1 overwhelming Holiday stress: 0
Can’t believe I was just writing about Christmas…..ahh, enough of that…..Here’s to enjoying the sun, playing in the heat and (maybe) having some cookies along with! Enjoy….
|Tip: place newspaper underneath cookies with sprinkling to save yourself a mess|
Italian Ricotta Cookies
Makes: about 4 dozen
Source: Family Friend
OBJ: TCW be able to make one batch of cookies to feed a crowd
½ lb butter, room temperature
2 C sugar
½ tsp salt
1 lb Ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
Grated rind of 1 orange
4 ½ C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 C confectionary sugar
¼ C butter, melted
3 TBS whole milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Cream butter, add sugar and continue creaming.
3. Add eggs, ricotta, vanilla and beat well
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to batter along with orange rind and mix well
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely
1. Combine all ingredients until smooth consistency
2. Spread icing on top of each cookie and add sprinkles