Dear Summer 2014,
Welcome! Thanks for making your appearance quick and steamy. After the winter we had, I am so glad you are here. I hope you continue to bring the warmth, sunshine and plenty of days where a BBQ is all we’ll want to do. Make yourself at home and please stay a while. We truly do love you around here!
A devoted fan
So it has arrived, huh? Good ol’ summer! Crazy how time flies. The thought of Fourth of July in just two weeks is absurd to me! Well, with that being said, I think it is only fitting that I bring to you a great recipe you can enjoy during a BBQ gathering or just a quick al fresco dinner at home.
To me, corn is synonymous with summer. I sadly eat the canned or frozen varietals during the other 9 months of the year and get quite excited when the first stacks of ready-to-be-husked ears appear at the market. Nothing beats a good, buttered and salted fresh piece of corn on the cob. Well, maybe a soft-serve vanilla sundae with chocolate sprinkles does, but that’s a different course so it doesn’t count! Anyway, yes good and fresh corn- simply summer and scrumptious to me.
But somehow I made it even better…….grilled and smothered with butter and fresh tangy cilantro. Then, once the butter has charred into it, a decent sprinkle of sharp Parmesan and some salt and pepper…….oh how you will thank me. So with that, you’re welcome in advance, and I wish you happy and tasty BBQing this season! Enjoy…
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Butter
OBJ: TCW be able to put a twist on a summer favorite
4 ears of corn, husked
3 TBS unsalted butter, melted
2-3 TBS fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
S& P: salt and pepper, to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Soak corn in cool water for about 30 minutes
2. Preheat grill over medium-low flame
3. Mix melted butter with cilantro
4. Drain and dry off corn, brush liberally with butter mixture
5. Grill, turning every 2-3 minutes, for a total of 10-15 minutes (or until you get decent char)
6. Before taking off grill, brush one more time with butter mixture and cook for additional 1 minute
7. Remove from grill and sprinkle with S, P, and grated cheese