Monday, January 20, 2014

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies



           I know, I know- cookies. You are still sick from all the versions you ate last month and you are back at the gym trying to work the aforementioned off. I get it.

            But I’m a person who believes in moderation. I couldn’t possibly go this entire month without a sweet. Heck, I couldn’t go a week without one. I practice the lifestyle of indulge a little and eat well the rest of the time. Ya know, the 90-10 thing. It works for me, most of the time.

            As for you, I don’t know how you life your lives but I can only hope you give in to some temptation here and there. I don’t mean hitting up Wendy’s on the weekends merely or downing a pint of Chunky Monkey only once a month. I mean getting up, getting moving, and eating a darn cookie if you want it.

            And these cookies here are the ones you’ll want to succumb to. C’mon, they practically look like they were snowed upon. How dreamy……Well, if the snow visual didn’t do it for you how about the fact that they are a hybrid of chocolaty-ness, chewiness and fudgy-ness. Sold? Okay, they are a portable and portioned-controlled version of Red Velvet cake. Portioned-controlled people, as in they fit perfectly into a balanced diet. So go ahead, have one, share the rest and let’s make it so that they aren’t the only things fitting well into something lately! Enjoy…


Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Makes: about 30
Adapted from: All Recipes

OBJ: TCW be able to make a Holiday-looking cookie for the annual Cookie Swap at work

Ingredients:
6 TBS unsalted butter
I C powdered sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
I box Betty Crocker® Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 large eggs

Procedures:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt butter in microwave and set aside to cool
3. Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in a shallow dish and mix with a fork to blend
4. Place cake mix, cooled butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and dough forms
5. Form into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar mix. Place on cool, ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart
6. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool on sheet for 1 minute
7. Transfer to wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers


Web-link photo credits:  theplaidguy.wordpress.com    chipsifraternity.wordpress.com
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment