Thursday, November 8, 2012

Watch Me Grow




       Great product alert: House of Pasta Frozen Pizza Dough. I probably should have blogged about this long ago as I have been faithfully using it for years now. It rarely, if ever, fails to impress me. Honestly, it turns out way better than any homemade dough I’ve ever made and is so reasonably priced, it is just a gem! You can find it in the freezer section of your grocery store, usually by the frozen pizzas and from my experience, it is also usually on the bottom shelf!
            All I do is either 1)- oil it and bowl, cover and let defrost in fridge overnight then let finish defrosting on counter for about 4 hours or 2)- oil it and bowl, cover and let defrost at room temperature all day and viola- it grows and grows and amazes me! It is like an edible science project!
            So I must apologize for the delay of this post, although some of you who know me on a day-2-day basis already have been let in on this fantabulous find. Anywho, now we all know where to find the next best thing to happen to your cooking since nonstick pans! J Enjoy….
 

House of Pasta Frozen Pizza Dough, 32 ounce

Servings: 2 frozen doughs 

Procedures:
1. Take out one dough, place in large bowl
2. Lightly oil dough and sides and bottom of bowl
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let defrost in refrigerator overnight then take out and let fully defrost and rise/poof at room temperature for at least 4 hours OR let defrost at room temperature all day: 6-8 hours (FYI-placing dough in warm spot(window with sunlight, under light, etc.) speeds up this process)
4. Once it has risen, punch down and roll out on a floured surface
5. Top as you like and bake on preheated pizza stone, enjoy!

****If still not poofing up after 4 or more hours at room temp., it may be too cold in your kitchen. All I can say is it will need more time- it will poof eventually. If not, it could be a bad batch maybe. In that case, uumm….order a pie! ****
 
****To see what package looks like, click here. I couldn't find their website and this was the only image I could find. ****

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Heard you moved. Need new pictures in new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete