Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mozz & Pesto Bites

Mozz & Pesto Bites

OBJ: TCW be able to make and bring an appetizer to a party she just found out about that will WOW guests

Ingredients:
1 Pint cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
I loaf of ciabatta bread
1 container of store bought pesto (I used Buitoni)
1 fist size ball of fresh mozzarella
Salt & Pepper (S & P)

Procedures:
1.      Cut the bread into 1 inch slices, then cut the slice in ½ lengthwise, then make 3 cuts down the middle to form cubes of bread
2.      Cut your mozz in the same fashion:  ½ inch slices, then cut in half lengthwise, then cut 3 times down the middle to form  cubes of cheese
3.      Assemble: Spread about 1 tsp of pesto on each top of bread, place cheese on top of that, then S & P, then the ½ cherry tomato, use toothpick to secure
4.      Repeat with remaining bread, pesto, cheese, and tomatoes. Makes about 70 appetizersJ

** I must admit, I felt bad using store bought pesto because my mother taught me how to make AMAZING pesto myself. However, the time limits I had and the lack of fresh basil at the store led me to buy the pesto and actually, it tasted wonderful. I would definitely use it again in a pinch. **

No comments:

Post a Comment